Wednesday, April 23, 2008

David vs. Anya III


We just finished a week with Anya's cousin, "little David." But if you recall, he is more than a cousin. He is her boxing nemesis. He stole the feather weight championship belt from Anya just under a year ago. Since then she has been training every day. Her speed is up but she just can't keep the weight on. David, on the other hand, bulked up big time. What he lacks in speed, he more than makes up in power, strength and stamina. (I personally saw him stand up under a table and hit his head three times with out even a whimper - It didn't even phase him! Anya cried like a girl last time I saw her do that...)


So, Anya and I (her coach) had to turn to other strategies. We concocted a plan to win back the title. The plan was to convince David that I was his father (and therefore also his coach). I look relatively similar to David's father and so we thought this plan might work...


It took two days but before long we had little David convinced I was Scott. Once that scheme was complete I kept David from his training routine by carrying him around all week, hoping his muscles would atrophy. It was a dirty trick but fathers will do anything to guarantee their own children's victories.


By the time the match was scheduled to begin, David was smiling and simply too content to care and just sat in my arms while Anya was running around like a chicken with her head cut off (and sounding like one, too). So, David will remain the current champion.


If you bought tickets you can get a refund at the local ticket office or a voucher for the rescheduled match sometime after Anya gains some confidence from beating up on her sibling...