Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Marta Moment #12

Since our camera is 2000 miles from where I am, I thought this would be a perfect time for a Marta Moment since they don't usually require pictures. (Although, I did include one in the post about Marty Mouse, God rest his soul...)

Anyway, I'm actually way behind on these moments. I still experience them just as frequently but I know that most people want to see pictures and so if they see a post full of text they may quickly move on. So, if you are still reading this, I commend you.

Well this one is about a homeless lady I saw outside the Marta station. I've seen her before but I will never forget what she was wearing at the most recent sighting: a wedding dress. I doubt it was her wedding day, as she failed to remove her black boots, hat and back-pack but I can't rule that out as she was walking nearby the church across the street...

However, if it was her special day, I hope she gets her money back from her seamstress. The dress was clearly falling off. (Thankfully, the back-pack was saving us all from a potentially embarrassing situation.) It was probably five sizes too big, was rather dirty at the bottom and looked like it had been worn for a few days straight. Putting it all together, I think she probably found it at some clothing donation place.

I've heard of brides spending thousands of dollars on their dresses, and they often only wear it one day. This "bride" likely spent nothing and will wear it for a month or more! So, if nothing else, that is a reason to smile and celebrate.

(And yes, you guessed it... she was "happy" if you know what I mean...)