Sunday, June 21, 2009

Marta Moment #14

My Marta Mouse is back. Marty's alive! He's alive!

For a year and a half I have been mourning his departure to that heavenly mouseville where the streets are paved with cheese and no human shoe can enter.

His friendship was cherished weekly while I waited for the Marta trains back in 2007. It just hasn't been the same since that black Monday in October when I found him curled up on stair number nine, paper thin in height...

But miracles do happen every day.

Just recently, I was overjoyed to see him running around the Marta station near a garbage can, but this time, quite a distance away from the stair case.... (Hey, we all learn at different rates...)



His life needs to be recorded. His story needs to be told. And if not by me, who? So, I whipped out my new cell phone which takes video and took some live actions shots. (My previous phone only took pictures.)

Now, when his ticket comes up again and that Marta train pulls up to (or on top of) him, to take him to mouseville once more, his memory will stay with us. (Or at least in the Google cloud...)



Welcome back, Marty! Eat anything but the Varsity garbage. That stuff will kill ya.