One day not long ago I realized two little girls were becoming average in an area they shouldn't be. I blamed it on a five month period where someone was trying as hard as possible to stay on the couch and not puke.
The average 2-5 year old is spending 32 hours a week in front of the TV!!! John and I decided our girls should get jobs and help pay the rent instead of watch that much TV. Okay, not really, but we do have some new rules regarding TV time. I didn't think it would be difficult to cut down the TV time significantly, but I was wrong, it had a hold on us--all of us! So we had to join TVAA--TV Addicts Anonymous. We are no longer in denial, we admit we have a problem and we have taken some of the necessary steps to break this habit.
We are almost through the withdrawal stage. Dinner prep, laundry, and house-cleaning take much longer and showers are shorter. But we are getting more things like this happening:
We hope the birth of child #3 doesn't cause us to fall off the wagon! It will be a true test of coming clean . . .