Tuesday, July 30, 2013

How Old is He?

This question is standard when you have a baby, but I have never derived so much entertainment from it until Washington was born.  A premature John/Lindy baby=extra small. Here are just a few conversations of late.

Stranger: How old is your baby?
Me: 3 months.
Stranger: Oh, I guess I haven't seen a baby for awhile, he looks like a newborn.

Stranger: Oh look at that little baby! How many weeks is he?
Me: He's 3 months old.

Stranger: Oh, we have a new baby here! What is he, 2 weeks old?
Me: Well, no, he's 3 months old.
Stranger: Oh, well how much does he weigh?
Me: 8 pounds, he was early.

Stranger: Oh wow, how old is your baby?
Me: He's 3 months old.
Smart Stranger: Oh, he's so little.  Is he a preemie?

Though I get entertaining comments, I'm also meeting many parents of preemies and large men that were preemies and it has been so nice to hear and see they are all pretty normal people and a normal size :).

And here is the little devil, smiling like an old man in his newborn-sized body.