Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Boy is One

John was very excited to purchase Washington's 1st birthday gifts. Very.  He even took Washington to go buy them.  I vetoed the science kit for now as I thought there might be some choking hazards, not to mention possible calls to Poison Control when he ate some of the chemicals intended for experiments, not ingestion :).  It will have to wait.  So John decided on a ball and a blow up hammer with several superheros on it.  The hammer ended up being much bigger than the birthday boy and scares him anytime it is near.  I guess that one might have to wait as well.  The girls are loving it and smashing people with it often, perhaps that is why Washington is terrified.

Washington enjoyed his cake, if it was fed to him, otherwise he took pieces and flung them on the floor.  Why then, does he usually pick EVERYTHING up and put it in his mouth immediately, but he won't put his cake in his mouth?  Maybe he is just not a cake fan, he prefers rocks, small game pieces left out by the girls and grass.