Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Where are you from?

Although I'm pretending to be a city slicker, I come from a town boasting a population of nearly 2000. It's one of the best kept secrets in the USA. No one has ever heard of it. Even my peers in high school wondered where I really went at the end of the day. They'd never been there.

Often when people ask where I'm from, I don't even bother saying the actual name of the town. If I do, I have to say the name of it multiple times and explain that it's x amount of miles from such and such and it still doesn't mean anything. Don't even think for a second that I'm going to mention the name here . . . I took some pictures of my rural roots to share with my native Georgia friends.




One of the things I love to do when I'm home is to go target shooting. That's right, in small towns we still shoot at targets, and not people! (John is going to make me erase that sentence.) I'm not quite as good as my husband, father, sister and brother, but I can hold my own against some of my 8 year old neighbors (neighbor in small towns includes anyone within a 10 mile radius).