
Tomorrow we leave to honor this man. He is quite the guy. He loved farming, Pepsi, overalls, and Lawerence Welk, just to name a few. He was a great dancer, boxer, and a great shot. He had a wonderful sense of humor and stubborn will. He loved McDonald's cheeseburgers and listening to his grandchildren make music with voices, violins, pianos, organs and flutes. He had a secret stash of chocolate that I could always tap into. He is the only man I know who can get away with strapping an old purse onto the back of his motorcycle for his tools and still appear very manly.
He is a fabulous grandfather, generous and supportive. I was fortunate to live a couple miles away and see him often while I was growing up. One of my last conversations with him ended with him saying, "Well, we have to follow the Lord's plan." I am sure he is overjoyed that he can now see and hear and be with his wife. If there are tractors on the other side, you can bet he is driving one now!