With a forecast of straight rain for the next 10 days, I decided perhaps now was a good time to work on Potty Training with Anya. And the fact that our carpets are going to be cleaned in October :)
This morning, with a "mandarin orange" incentive, she peed in the potty. Yippee! But I don't think she completely emptied her bladder, I guess we now know she has good muscle control.
This morning I was also making dinner. Broiling almonds and ramen noodles to go in a salad. Apparently they broil pretty fast. When I checked on them, they were in flames! As I pulled it out of the oven, Anya starts screaming, "It's on fire!" Austria gets scared and starts to cry. I put it out, in the back of my mind trying to remember where the fire extinguisher is. Oh yeah, OUTSIDE! Very handy. Fortunately it didn't get to that point. Just a big glass of water.
But the smoke! I quickly begin to turn on every fan and open every window and door we have. Then I grab a dish towel and start waving like a mad-woman near the fire alarm, because I know Anya will FLIP out at that. But it goes off. I finally push a lot of buttons, nearly take the thing apart, take out the battery, etc. Meanwhile,the two girls are crying.
As I write, the fire alarm is currently "chirping", mocking me that it needs a new battery because it expended SO much effort. Or reminding me of my stupidity. I am afraid to touch it, because I don't want it to go off and send my kids into hysterics. Obviously, I will have to do something before nap time.
I read in one potty-training book that you should focus your efforts on potty-training and forget all else (even send other children away to grandparent's houses). I guess there is some truth in this :)
After most of the choas had ended, Anya peed on the floor. I know the combination of the burnt smell and the peed on carpet makes all of you want to visit soon! I guess if you dare, keep your shoes on.
Needless to say there are no pictures related to this post. I didn't exactly have time . . .
But to appease the "non-readers" who skip such long blocks of text (like myself) here are some cute photos:
