Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Anya-isms

Anya recently turned 3. And she is becoming wiser each day.

Anya: "Daddy LOVES school, remember?"

Anya singing: "Book of Mormon stories that I telled to my teacher . . . long ago their fathers came from far across the street . . ."

Anya in the car while we were listening to Opera on NPR: "Mommy, can you turn off that grumpy music?"

Anya had been "making a bed" on the coffee table with a blanket and pillow. She is actually quite the perfectionist when it comes to making it--the blanket must have NO wrinkles. After asking me once and not getting a response, Anya said: "Mommy, I want to make a bed. Please, will you cooperate?"

Anya, Austria and John were playing Hi-Ho Cherry-O and Anya said referring to one of the cherries: "Austria this is a major, major, major little piece and you might eat it."

I was talking to Anya one day about Heavenly Father and Jesus, she said: "What about Amen?" I guess Amen is part of the Godhead, we'll have to work on that . . .