It's that time of year again--goal setting time! Anya and Austria had a contest last year to see who would be the biggest gainer. Austria steadily worked at this goal all year (eating a doughnut every night*), and Anya procrastinated until the last two months (4 doughnuts a night*).
I was quite happy with the results. To give you an idea of how it all panned out, here are a few facts:
1.The pants Anya wore in October (size 18 month--she has the classic Salmon torso) are now being worn by Austria.
2. Anya has already been through one size of shoes this winter (usually she changes a size maybe once or twice a year).
3. Austria wears 12-18 month clothing, and she is 16 months. For us, that is weird. She is wearing the size she is "suppose" to.
4. Austria graduated to a forward-facing car-seat last month. We had to put on some heavy clothes each time we went out with Anya after Austria was born so she could qualify to face-forward :)
We had an awards banquet, where Anya was given the "Hare" award and Austria was given the "Tortoise" award. Anya is looking forward to growing into her long torso in 2010 and Austria is excited for more of Anya's hand-me-downs.


They are also hoping in 2010 they can focus on trying not to look so much a like . . . which would be good for me, because sometimes if I glance at a picture from the past, I'm not sure which of my daughters it is! (Maybe hand-me-downs aren't as great of a deal as I thought . . . fortunately we move often enough, I can base my guess on the setting of the picture.)

*For those of you who may be wondering, I am NOT a doughnut fan and I actually don't think my kids have EVER had one, much to John's dismay :)