Friday, February 2, 2007

Happy Groundhog Day!

"It's cold out there today - It's cold out there everyday..."

Yes, it is. I was kind of excited to see some ice outside this week for the first time since I arrived in Atlanta. I took a picture but before the shutter opened the ice had melted. I guess I'll try next year. But I did read that the official Punxsutawney groundhog did not see his shadow so there definitely won't be another chance for such a picture until we go to Utah later next month. In my heart of hearts, I was hoping for a cancellation of school and work due to an ice storm. I also wanted to see what Georgian drivers do when everything is covered in ice. They seem to freak out with even the slightest chance of forecasted bad weather so I expect that if an ice storm ever hits it will be great entertainment for all.

Anya has been fighting the cold with her new blanket vest thing... I don't know quite how to describe it. It is a blanket that you wear... Not a poncho... Not a thick toga... I don't know... I think this picture doesn't even explain it... I'll have to take a better one.


Well, enough about weather... Today, Anya celebrated her six week birthday. The time has passed by quickly. I can hardly believe that she has been around that long. I often feel like I'm still getting used to a third person in our apartment. I now wonder if parents ever get used to living with their kids... (maybe that's why mine were quite excited when I moved out...) Since her birthday fell on Groundhog Day we celebrated by asking Anya if see could see her shadow. At about six weeks we read that babies can see clearly to only a couple of feet. We assume she could not see her shadow since her shadow is small (after all she is small!), her eyesight isn't completely developed and she likes to keep her eyes closed most of the day. Thus, it looks like the "climate" in our own house will be nothing but flowers and sunshine, which hopefully equates to happy babies and sleeping throughout the night... We can at least hope for an "early spring."