Hilarious. Simply hilarious.
After my previous post on March 18th, we received four comments from seemingly random people. I want to dissect their comments and make some of my own. About them. I encourage you to read their comments beforehand as I will make references to them. It may be a little more clear.
Now, in the order they commented...
michael ringwood's: Thanks for the compliment. She is a cute child... But I only had one person to whom I was wishing a happy birthday (to my brother), so the plural "to them" was kind of weird of him to say. (Perhaps it wasn't clear in my post). Still, I did look at his "birthday ecards" site/blog and I know a couple of website designers who perhaps wouldn't call his layout/style/colors "unfailed." Oh yah. Wrong sport Michael. I was watching basketball "games" not tennis "matches."
"smilesleep": smilesleep is from China. He may be my first overseas commenter. That is fine. I'm glad we are going international now, but I think he was trying to get me to watch some video about Lego men. Apparently, he thought that I "will have an interest in it." Perhaps the correct word would be "had" an interest. I did play Lego as a young boy but I just haven't found the time since moving to Atlanta. Although I may rekindle that hobby when Anya is a little older... Now.... what "rocks so much?" That threw me for a loop. But then that comment was easily overshadowed in confusion by the very last sentence: "I hope they have a life." Who is "they?"... and I hope they have a life too...
carol's: I didn't really "wish" Scott anything other than a happy birthday... Everything else I wrote was speculation based on his own work ethic, vocational aspirations and current age. Also, since carol doesn't know that we live many, many miles from my brother it was a little "far out there" to hope that we had a party for him. However, of the four comments this one seemed most normal.
linda ringwood's: This might be my favorite one. I don't know if I write like a girl or if the name "John" is now used as a female name but apparently she thought I'm Scott's sister. But here is the real funny thing... IN that very post, I declared that I'm a father! Now the world is pretty sick sometimes but usually fathers aren't sisters. At first, I thought she* skipped the first paragraph but everything in her comment was about Scott so I'm pretty sure that she must have read that I was a father. (Again, maybe it just wasn't that clear in my post. Please let me know if my subtexts just aren't getting through to whoever read these...) Lastly, and obviously, the Ringwoods sure like their birthdays. I suppose if I'm ever "at scarcity" (?) for birthday party ideas I have some great links to resources right on this blog... But then again, she states herself that her blog only has a "few things on it"... so maybe just not a comprehensive resource...
Anyway, thanks for the laughs everyone! Good luck with your advertising! Maybe you will do a blog search on the word "birthday" and come back to this blog... Isn't that how you got here in the first place?... :)
*I usually consider Linda as a female name...