Thursday, March 1, 2007

Road Rage

Well, we have discovered Anya has already developed a bad case of road rage at the ripe, young age of 2 months. Like her father, she has a difficult time being patient at red lights and in stop and go traffic. I, on the other hand, am too busy trying to find my way around this place to get mad at anyone.

For example, last night I headed off to a friend's birthday bash, with google map notes in hand. It seemed the birthday bash host lived pretty far south to still be in our ward boundaries, but who wouldn't trust google maps? Well . . . I don't any more. Anya of course got a little impatient until we got on the freeway. However it wasn't exactly the best time to travel since many people were making their daily commute home from work. As I got closer to my supposed destination, I couldn't help wonder if the birthday host felt safe in her neighborhood. That was when I started to lose trust in google maps. As I arrived at the destination, I found it wasn't actually the correct place. After some phone calls, I realized I was WAY off, like about 20 miles off. By this time Anya was screaming and continued to do so all the way home.

We are learning Anya isn't a happy camper unless we are going at least over 45 miles an hour, without any stopping. Here's a picture of her BEFORE getting in the car. You would never guess she has a bad case of road rage . . .