Friday, March 9, 2007

USPS

A couple of months ago John had the idea that we could weigh Anya at the Post Office. I laughed, but then recalled our last bill for 140 bucks from the pediatrician's when it seemed like all they did was weigh her. (I don't have an MD but I think I could do that procedure accurately...) Anyway, last night I needed some stamps and so we went to the Post Office to buy some. When we arrived there were two women there, but they quickly left. While I was putting stamps on some envelopes, John was trying to weigh Anya. He ended up weighing her in the car seat and then weighing the car seat separately, because, in case you've never done this, the post office scale is probably not designed for flailing babies. Obviously she was in her clothes, but if we wanted to send Anya first class mail, she would weigh 10 pounds and 9 ounces. It would probably be cheaper just to send her in one of those flat rate boxes. I wish I had a picture of our outing... but the post office might have caught it on their security camera :) Maybe Anya will be receiving letters from her father in prison for the first couple of years of her life. Anyway instead of that video, I'll just throw up some random pictures for your enjoyment. (FYI: For those Canadians who may not know the acronym USPS stands for United States Postal Service.)