Everyone is absolutely ecstatic (and terrified) about the snow that fell in Atlanta today. I've realized that a quarter inch of snow on the ground can be better than a trip to Disney Land (and more terrifying than a epidemic outbreak of malaria). For example, my co-worker, a 25 year old man, was self-proclaimed "giddy as a school boy" while the snow was falling earlier this week. It was his third time seeing snow (in real life) and the first time seeing it fall. He said he was dancing around, laughing, filling his 1gig SD card with the same picture of falling snow, sliding down hills in his jeans on wet grass (no one sells sleds here) and running around randomly chasing snowflakes while trying to catch them in his mouth... I'm glad he had a great time. He said they even had time to make a six inch snowman before it melted away. Oh, the joy. (I told him that over the Christmas break I made a snowball so big I couldn't even move it and that my snowman was over eight feet tall...but I told him all that later. I didn't want to hurt the "little boy's" feelings...)On the other hand, people were freaking out before the first flake even hit the ground. Schools were canceled instantly. Seriously. They didn't even think that the snow would be melted by the next day as the expected low was only going to be 38 that night. (More than enough room for the margin of error above 32 degrees.) People stopped driving and decided to quarantine themselves for the weekend. I mentioned an outbreak earlier and now I know what one would feel like. Everyone was in hiding from the "disease." They wouldn't last a minute in Canada.
Anyway, I could go on, but personally I have been looking forward to seeing how these Georgians would react to a snow storm for a long time. Oh, the joy!
The other good news is that Anya is feeling a lot better. She has been smiling and playing and talking more than ever before. We're glad she's back!

We also need to start showing some pictures of our trip to Utah and Canada. We'll start with her "second" first birthday cake she shared with David (after showing an earlier picture before David had dyed his hair...)
