Monday, January 15, 2007

A Trip to the Chattahoochee River

We celebrated Martin Luther King Day with a trip to the Chattahoochee River. (Chattahoochee is more fun to say than type - in case you were wondering...) It was another beautiful day outside and the temperature reached 71 degrees during our walk. I love to see the temperature where I live now so much higher than where I lived before... Did I say that already?... I should stop rubbing it in... (but note the sandals I'm wearing later!)

So here is a picture of us on the shore of the Chattahoochee. If our smiles look a little fake... they are. The surrounding environment smelt rather badly and we were both choking to stay conscious. Perhaps the Chattahoochee needs to be cleaned. In fact, the camera was placed on an elevated manhole cover to take this picture. Actually, by the look on our faces you can tell what this manhole cover was covering!!! It reminded me of those summer days many moons ago when I worked for the City of Calgary Sewer Division. Oh, how we move on! Oh, how we move on...


After looking at this picture a little longer, I realized I need a haircut. My hat looks like it is sitting on top of quite a rat's nest... I also noticed I'm wearing a Calgary Flames shirt. A little trivia: the Flames used to be the Atlanta Flames before they moved to Calgary in 1980. None of the fellow walkers said anything about my shirt. Maybe they were offended and are still trying to forgive Calgary... but then the Thrashers are doing okay...

Now, I doubt the Grandma's really want to see a picture of the parents. As cute as we are, we're just their kids - not their grandkids. And they don't give a hoochee about the Chattahoochee! Happy MLK day!